Last week our mid week hump day post about strange cupcake ideas was so popular that today we bring you another five! This time it is fruity cupcakes! All with recipes, so why not try something a *bit* different with one of these fantastic fruity cupcake ideas!
1. Pomegranate Green Tea Cupcakes – How good do these cupcakes look?? The Cupcake Blog is always experimenting and exploring with her baking and in this case played with a green tea recipe. The full recipe is on her blog, and if you do not like the idea of pomegranate foam, then just replace with normal frosting!
2. Spiced Apple Cupcakes – This is the first time we have featured the blog Cake Batter and Bowl, but I am sure it will not be the last. These cupcakes are a spice fiesta of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and cloves, apple and topped with cream cheese frosting and a caramel drizzle. Sounds too good to be true, good thing you can make it yourself!
3. Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting – So do you get that our fruit recipes are not the norm? We really are going for recipes that challenge what everyone else is doing! This recipe from Baking Bites certainly does that! Apparently they turn out fantastic, and just in case you want it to be more peanut butter, they have provided an alternative peanut butter frosting recipe as well!
4. Honey Poached Pear Cupcakes with White Chocolate Pistachio Buttercream – Can I say anything more than that these make me drool, they look so yum and would be perfect with my morning cup of tea! This recipe comes from ecupcake and was her answer to the challenge to use pear, lemon and a selection of nuts in a cupcake form.
5. Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache – We could end in no other way but with strawberries, so when I saw these stunning looking cupcakes on Annies Eats I knew that I had found fruity cupcake heaven. My only problem would be sacrificing the Champagne required in order to make them. You could use these cupcakes for any adult party as they are so stunning and stylish you are bound to make a statement.
Click here to see last week’s strange cupcake ideas which featured of all things a brain cupcake and Coca-Cola chocolate cupcakes. And check us out next week for five ‘yucky’ cupcakes. The ideas that really didn’t work!